Each year, we've seen a steadily-decreasing number of kids in costume coming to our house. Of course, we're buying the same amount of candy and someone has to eat it . . .
Here are a few thoughts for this week:
- I cannot fathom why Len doesn't like Mya and Dmitry. His comments are non-sensical. This week, he said he didn't like their intro. Yet he doesn't rip anyone else for the same thing. He's also gotten on Dmitry's choreography, but doesn't take it out on anyone else. What's up with Grumpy Len. I'd really like to see him gone from the show. He just seems too old.
- This week's bottom 3 was Melissa, Louie and Michael. Melissa was (deservedly) whacked immediately, then Louis and Michael had their (pointless) dance-off. Did I hear that next week is another double elimination? If that's the case, why did they expand the field to 16 celebs?
I'd rather have a season of single-eliminations than an expanded field with some two-fers thrown in. As it is, we're seeing too many people who have not shot at winning, only to hang on to false hopes for too long. Does anyone think Michael, Melissa or Louie ever had a legitimate shot at winning? The survivor of that troika was going to get eliminated next week anyway.
- At this point there are two legitimate contenders: Donny and Mya. Aaron, Mark and Joanna have an outside shot at the finale, but they've been too uneven to win. Kelly and Michael are hanging by threads and are only still around because of fan voting.
If I were a betting man (which I'm not), this is the order I think people will be voted off:
The further this thing goes on, the more important fan voting becomes and I think that's where Donny has a leg up on everyone else, even if others are better dancers. As long as Len is handicapping Mya by two points per show, she and Donny will be about even as far as judges's scores go and since the fan votes break all ties, he'll come out with the "much-coveted" Mirror Ball Trophy. If Len would get his head out of his bum, Mya would be the runaway favourite to win.
- Was it just me or was the sound off for the whole show last night? They sounded like they were on speakerphone for the entire show. We even tried switching between the regular and HD channels, plus I went downstairs to watch for a few minutes on another TV and the sound was all jacked-up.
- Taylor Swift is too skinny for her own good.
- This week, I got victimised by Joe Flacco and Ray Rice. I have some combination of them in three leagues and in those leagues, I lost because those guys had a bye week.
- I've been watching some of my BSG DVDs and the show still holds up. It was criminal that it never got nominated for any Emmys or Golden Globes.
- I'm addicted to dried pineapple right now. Each week, I eat about two pounds of the stuff while sitting at my desk. I guess it's better than eating two pounds of chocolate, right?
- My office could really use a nacho bar and slushie machine in the break room.
- For the last week or so, my granddaughter has had a stomach bug that's caused her to puke late at night and spend all day passing gas and explosive poo. That is why I don't have kids.
Next week: Michael Irvin gets canned. Derek Hough coaxes more out of Joanna than anyone else could. Donny and Future Mrs. High Lord 2.0 continue to shine. Len is still a jerk.